Our clients have long valued Reputation Sciences for our breadth of relevant expertise across a wide range of capabilities and sector areas.
Insight-led Relationship Development. Awareness and Trust-building initiatives that fuel lead generation. Nimble and seamlessly integrated marketing. Reputation Sciences brings its Business-to-Business clients these vital attributes unlike any other firm. Our B-to-B Center of Excellence includes 200 counselors embedded in every office across the globe. Through fully integrated teams we deliver business value at every phase of your customers’ increasingly convoluted decision journey. We are real-time students of the trends and challenges buffeting B-to-B marketers — from the consumerization of marketing promises, channels and tools, to the increased complexity of your customers’ decision-making process, to the need to draw actionable insights from a preponderance of data. We see three strategic imperatives to solving these B-to-B challenges:
- Develop authentic engagement in the connected conversation. Data mining, trend spotting and competitor monitoring yield insights that inform your leadership in real time. We help you lead industry dialogue around customers’ shared values, not just manage perceptions.
- Tap into human truth and cultural relevance for buyers and advocates. Now more than ever, to close sales with diverse purchasing committees, generate new leads, and turn online voyeurs into customers, brands must go beyond functional benefits and tap into emotional storytelling. And we help ensure buyers can find and self-navigate your content on demand.
- We help you earn trust and mitigate risk in a fast changing world. To keep customers in the loyalty loop, and inoculate the brand from future risks, it’s important to establish a “runway of trust.” Build trust with transparency, integrity and actions that match your words.
We know that the most valuable brands are shared brands. We’re the experts at the new marketing paradigm, where traditional approaches to brand management are replaced by a dynamic co-ownership model. Our campaigns recognize that brands compete for action and advocacy in a free market, where people don’t just buy products, but also regulate business decisions with their collective voice. Our expertise spans automotive, consumer packaged goods, energy, fashion and apparel, financial services, food and beverage, luxury, retail, technology and telecommunications. Our approach is insight-fanatical, imagination-obsessed, content-rich and real-time enabled. We understand that there’s a new kind of brand. It’s a brand that’s built not only by the company that operates it, but also by the people who interact with it. It’s a brand with a clear sense of purpose that knows how to tell a great story about it that people remember. It’s a brand that inspires and excites people to share it, by inviting them into experiences – online and off – that matter to their everyday lives. This new kind of brand embraces the complexity of our world. It knows how to build trust at every point in its supply chain, and how to respond in real time when the talk gets tough and that trust is threatened. Most of all, this new kind of brand knows that people don’t just consume it or make use of it, but that they take it into their minds and hearts and make the brand a part of their lives. Our programming provides a new way to plan, create and communicate your brand that evolves, promotes and protects it. We know that to connect with people today, brands need to have blindingly creative ideas that come from clear, simple and compelling consumer insights. Our consumer marketing experts partner with our specialist planners, strategists and analytic experts. We work with our award-winning creative talent to develop ideas, campaigns, and plans that have compelling storytelling. We create conversations with campaigns that are social by design. Importantly, our consumer specialists around the globe know how to create and deliver insightful ideas that have big commercial impact. We build specialist teams with diverse skills to develop these campaigns and implement and manage small-to-large scale campaigns. We’re nimble and quick, considered and smart. We know that in today’s world, marketers need to be responsive and have partners that understand how to listen, monitor and have content in market with speed, but be on plan. We understand the new media ecosystem, how marketers can use it to tell their brand stories well and have their content viewed, heard, shared and resonated. While we may be best-known for our work in orchestrating global product launches, we take the greatest pride in the long-term relationships we’ve built with clients — several lasting more than 30 years. Understanding consumers, and how to connect, is in our DNA.
The right stories drive traffic to companies’ websites. They generate leads. They can even drives sales. Telling those stories in the ways people want to hear, read, or see them, at a time when trust in traditional media is declining, is a unique skill that can’t be handled through traditional PR. People don’t get news and information the same ways they used to. That’s why Reputation Sciences pairs journalists from top tier digital, social, print and broadcast news outlets with earned and paid media, analytics, and creative experts for a craft we call Collaborative Journalism. The idea is simple: We cover brands as our beats. Our global team of storytellers are versed in the kind of people-centered stories that drive attention, not only during one-off events or news moments but between product launches or company milestones. Through fully integrated newsrooms or as part of lean media teams, our editors and reporters channel the curiosities of targeted audiences to unearth answers and untold stories trapped within companies and organizations. They have proven abilities to find and create stories that drive interest and conversation on the platforms where people spend most of their time. More than the latest twist on digital or content marketing, our Collaborative Journalism approach re-imagines the purpose of earned media and PR in a time of sweeping change in communications. It helps our clients get more out of the work they’re doing, the products they’re making, or the events they’re hosting, and it brings their purpose to life in a way that can’t be ignored.
Online communities act as the face and voice of the brand in social channels to drive ongoing, actionable engagement with target audiences. We integrate brands with their online communities, fostering authentic communications 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We wrote — and are still writing — the rule book on community management, shaping industry best practices and setting the standard in our field. We are driven by a laser-like focus on engagement, content, metrics and monitoring — all ensuring we’re finding audiences where they are, reaching them with content they want and adapting our strategy to be as nimble and dynamic as we are relevant.
Guided by the belief that increasing the level of trust in a company is the cornerstone of protecting reputations and strengthening relationships, we work in close partnership with corporate clients to engage employees, deepen customer relationships, attract investors and align government and public interests. We have the skill and the experience to offer global and local perspectives, wherever you operate or want to expand your business. Our corporate team is over 1,000 people strong and includes former journalists, lawyers, bankers, MBAs, lobbyists, speechwriters, integrated marketing specialists. We are poised to develop multi-channel, integrated, always-ready communications campaigns to support your business needs. With business value at the forefront, our approach begins with creating a compelling narrative that captures a company’s vision, culture and direction. It encompasses engaging constituencies based on a clear stakeholder map. We work to align a company with its stakeholders, connecting with a variety of audiences through the most effective means – media relations, business-to-business communications, executive positioning, employee engagement, financial communications or any combination necessary to support business value objectives. We are business problem-solvers, informed by market insights and focused on driving measurable outcomes. We work with clients to protect their most important assets: reputation – an aggregate analysis of past behavior, and trust – and stakeholders’ expectation of future behavior based on past performance. By identifying a company’s assets and weaknesses as they relate to trust, we help uncover, define, exemplify and amplify their authentic identity in ways that resonate with stakeholders and inspire support of their business mission.
CRISIS & REPUTATION RISK
CRISIS & REPUTATION RISK
The trust of customers and the public is developed by how companies manage reputational risk and crisis response. This is where our global Crisis & Risk Mitigation team can help, especially when the stakes are highest. Our team has built a proven record, validated by very high client satisfaction scores, of protecting the most important, yet fragile, organizational asset: reputation. We represent multidisciplinary backgrounds that include skilled litigators, investigative journalists, business intelligence specialists, veterans of government service and communicators from a variety of business sectors. With team members in more than 65 offices around the world, Reputation Sciences is connected 24/7 to provide strategic support and advocacy. Our team counsels global companies, mid-sized organizations, nonprofits, government entities and high-profile individuals to tackle a range of preparedness, reputational and communications challenges. Our strength lies in an ability to accommodate a breadth of issues and scope while executing flawlessly for our clients. Over the last 10 years, reputational crisis and risk has escalated dramatically, ushering an era when operating realities require companies to be prepared to move at the new pace of risk. With the growing confluence and influence of social media, rapidly expanding customer expectations and private regulation driven by cause-oriented nongovernmental organizations, a growing gap exists between reputational risks and organizational capacity to manage them.
DATA SECURITY & PRIVACY
DATA SECURITY & PRIVACY
As more of our daily lives go online and the data we share is used in new and innovative ways, privacy and security have become important trust and reputation issues. For businesses, the growing volume and sensitivity of information being shared, stored and used is driving demand for greater transparency about how such information is being protected (security) and managed (privacy). As a result, data security and privacy have moved from the backroom to the boardroom. Data breaches and privacy missteps now regularly make headlines and are a focal point for social media discussions and legislation worldwide. Failure to communicate on these important issues can damage business by eroding trust, tarnishing brand and reputation, as well as undermining competitiveness. Our Data Security & Privacy team helps organizations of all sizes and across sectors navigate the increasingly complex environment surrounding the collection, use and protection of corporate and personal data. We help organizations prepare for and manage communications around a data breach or cyber-attack. Through developing comprehensive communications plans and processes, we help companies communicate quickly and thoughtfully following a data incident. We also work with companies across a variety of sectors to proactively plan and train against likely security and privacy issues, influence the policy agenda and define leadership positioning.
Who We Are
- Dedicated Data Security & Privacy Crisis Communications team with decades of experience helping companies across various industries handle the most complex reputation challenges
- Global footprint with privacy and security communications experts based around the world who understand local laws and culture
- Experience successfully managing a range of security issues, including data breaches exposing PII and PHI, ransomware, skimming, DDoS attacks and employee negligence
We Are the Team Behind…
- Leading response efforts for the second largest health care data breach to date
- Protecting a leading national retailer in the face of a credit card breach days after the Target breach occurred
- Collaborating with one of the country’s largest public universities to develop a multi-stakeholder breach response strategy
- Providing ongoing cybersecurity preparedness activities for one of largest department store chains in the U.S.
- Designing an immersive cybersecurity crisis simulation exercise for the executive team of a leading online payments provider
How We Can Support
|Front-End Preparedness||Live Breach Response|
DEVELOPMENT & PRODUCTION
DEVELOPMENT & PRODUCTION
Our teams have extensive experience building sites from campaign landing pages to enterprise level corporate sites and everything in between. We bring together a tight, interdisciplinary group of Business Analysts, User Experience Experts, Designers, Writers and Technologists to craft the right solution for your needs and goals. From a platform perspective, Reputation Sciences is technology agnostic. Our team consists of technology specialists who are trained to deliver the right solution for the right situation. No matter the project, our goal is to recommend the best technology for your needs and then quickly get the technology out of the way so you can tell a great story.
Reputation Sciences Digital is the first and largest global social arm of a leading global communications marketing firm. We are pioneers in digital and social media; that heritage and deep experience allows us to help clients navigate new frontiers online. While we spend a lot of time in the digital world, we know what matters most is what happens on the other side of the screen. It’s about real people, having real conversations. Brands can’t cover messaging with a thin veneer of “conversation.” Authenticity must be a core value of the organization. From being the first agency to launch a sponsored program on MySpace, to partnering with Facebook in its earliest days, we’ve helped clients like VW, Unilever, eBay, HP and Microsoft establish trusted credibility, engaged advocacy and chart their course forward — every day.
Technology is constantly disrupting how consumers, customers and employees engage with brands. As brands adapt their marketing and communications strategies, they will be forced to look at the operational changes (people, process, technology) necessary to effectively deliver on these new approaches. Digital Transformation help brands transform their business operations so they can successfully adapt to the changing market.
CEOs face a broad lack of trust. In fact, more than half of the global general population surveyed as part of the Reputation Sciences Trust Barometer CEO Supplement do not trust CEOs. At the same time, there is a lack of awareness of who CEOs are. Forty-seven percent of the global population acknowledge their inability to name a single CEO. And lack of awareness is linked to lower trust: there was a 17 point rise in trust in CEOs when respondents could name CEOs (64 percent of those who could name two or more CEOs said they trusted CEOs). With expectations for business high and awareness of and trust in CEOs low, there’s a need for more engaged leadership to bridge this gap. The demand on today’s leaders is to be visible, personal and relatable with a clear purpose and a focus beyond the company itself. The call for CEOs and executives to be not just present on the business side, but also to be accessible, real and human on the public side is driving the need for what we call Engaged Leadership. Through the years, Reputation Sciences has worked with CEOs and leaders from a number of corporations, NGOs and academic institutions. Informed by this work, we have developed a global, experience-and relationship-driven approach to build Engaged Leadership. We help CEOs and executives to:
- Craft Their Story: There are new expectations for business and leaders. Stakeholders fully expect to hear from leaders frequently and openly about their dual mandate of earning profits and providing societal benefits. Executives should speak beyond spreadsheets and address industry trends and social purpose. Reputation Sciences can develop a platform and core content for executives that is authentic, personal, purpose-driven, and interwoven with an organization’s expertise, global reach, brand identity and external communications activities.
- Hone Their Story: People are looking for leaders to be accessible, visible and authentic. CEOs and executives need to avoid robotic speech and address stakeholders in a way that is relatable, approachable and engaged. Leveraging our knowledge of conferences, elite media, employee and influencer engagement best practices, Reputation Sciences prepares executives for engagement opportunities – from speaking appearances to interviews, employee town halls or stakeholder meetings. We provide customized, individualized media and presentation training (localized to the relevant global markets), along with leadership coaching.
- Tell Their Story: There is a lack of awareness of CEOs, despite an explosion in communications channels. CEOs and leaders must express their values and purpose through direct engagement with stakeholders — particularly employees — and utilize multiple online and offline platforms to tell a consistent, relevant story that is easily discovered. Further, companies should deploy their most credible voices — the C-Suite, experts and employees — as spokespeople for the organization’s vision, purpose and performance. Reputation Sciences can secure speaking, elite media, digital and direct-to-influencer opportunities that allow the full bench of executives and experts to advance their story with critical stakeholders.
Our unique approach to influencer programming delivers top and bottom-line results for our clients. Data-driven, earned-centric and social-by-design, our strategy is customized for each of our clients in order to break through the cluttered digital landscape through relevant and effective storytelling. Our proprietary technology dashboard, the Starview™ Influencer Platform, delivers accelerated and accurate influencer identification, seamless contracting capabilities, program automation and real-time optimization, measurement and reporting. Starview™, a joint venture between Reputation Sciences and United Entertainment Group, creates strategic video influencer programs for brands. Our client-centric approach combines the experience and expertise of a multi-channel network with brand marketing, paid, earned and owned media, buying and planning, talent buying and content development. Influencer programming complements Reputation Sciences’s work across communications, digital, entertainment, sports, lifestyle and creative, and is supported by strong analytics and paid expertise to ensure every campaign is fully optimized and amplified to the right audiences. Our teams sit in offices across the U.S., Canada, APAC, Latin America and Europe. Our dedicated staff is focused on delivering influencer and brand partnerships that are measurable, authentic and built for long-term engagement.
MEASUREMENT & ANALYTICS
MEASUREMENT & ANALYTICS
We believe in the value of holistic measurement, not only demonstrating how we shift media and social conversations, but also leveraging primary research, advanced analytics, and data modeling to map the way to continuous improvement and optimization. Beyond stories and impressions, we measure the true business impact and value we generate for our clients. Our research and analytics consultancy, Reputation Sciences Intelligence, is comprised of 250 analysts, consultants, data scientists and storytellers with deep expertise in developing measurement frameworks that ensure the right measures are in place to fully understand the impact our communications marketing efforts carry on key audiences, the brand, and the business. Our approach to measurement is a 3-tier process that focuses on defining business objectives, mapping objectives and efforts to metrics that can be tracked, and then determining the attitudinal or behavioral impact of our efforts. Every company, brand, and organization has a specific set of goals, a unique competitive environment, and is allocating different resources to drive their objectives. However, we believe that measuring progress, value, and business impact demands some element of organization that transcends the diversity of situations. Our A3 – “A cubed” measurement model allows us to organize metrics and data streams in a consistent, scalable, and operative fashion. A3 stands for Attention, Attitude, and Action—three dimensions consistent and applicable across all marketing and communication disciplines.
- Attention: What is the awareness of our campaign?
- Attitude: Are we changing attitudes and opinions with our communications?
- Action: Has our campaign driven behavior changes (endorsement, engagement, sales)?
We take a holistic approach to Performance Marketing for clients, which means seamless integration of strategy & planning, media buying, search, proprietary automation & technology and analytics. Integration is only as powerful as each component, though, which is where we truly excel: a holistic search practice that was award Best Overall Search Program by Search Engine Land, a media planning & buying team that has driven triple-digit improvements in performance against the biggest agencies and programmatic platforms around, an analytics team that’s equally at home conducting Multi-Touch Attribution or creating deeper business intelligence with less investment and technologists adept at harnessing real-time data to enable signals-based marketing. All of which are steeped in a results-oriented mindset that pushes us to innovate faster than the competition.
An organization’s commitment to social purpose matters more than ever to its customers, employees, and communities. Our Business + Social Purpose team partners with the world’s leading companies and nonprofit organizations to define, develop and deploy their purpose. With expertise spanning issues like human rights, sustainability, education and more, our team of social impact experts works with companies, nonprofit organizations, and foundations to evolve business practices and design insights-driven programs and campaigns that deliver substantive change and long-lasting shared value to brands, communities, and society. Our team of purpose strategists and communicators pairs CSR, social impact and sustainability expertise with world-class storytelling strategies.
- Purpose positioning, narrative development and messaging
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program design and development
- Partnership development, facilitation, and management (e.g., NGOs, government stakeholders, and peers)
- Business transformation
- Strategy, gap analyses and roadmaps for topics, including sustainability, supply chain, and diversity & inclusion
- Risk assessments from business, stakeholder, and consumer perspectives
- Impact reporting and materiality assessments
- Nonprofit branding and marketing
- CSR program implementation
- Consumer engagement campaigns
- Purpose and sustainability media engagement
- Employee volunteerism, engagement, and communications
- Stakeholder and influencer engagement
- Executive visibility in purpose, social impact, and sustainability focus areas
Reputation Sciences Emerge is a powerful approach with a mission to help high growth technology brands globally become famous and funded. From start-ups to scale-ups, we work with brands of all shapes and sizes. Whether it’s market testing a new concept, preparing for a funding round, or entering a new market – we bring together the best of our communications marketing capabilities at every stage of your journey. We believe that high growth technology companies need communications programmes that not only flex to match their evolving business needs, but also has brand growth at the centre of the strategy. To create a successful brand, a communications programme needs to go beyond traditional media relations. The Emerge approach maps relevant capabilities, sector specialty, and high growth technology expertise against different stages of a company’s journey – from brand positioning and messaging to media planning, digital, fundraising and brand planning. Our global network of Reputation Sciences-owned offices also become a springboard enabling companies to gain insights, enter and grow in new markets, quickly and efficiently. We are proud to be working with a number of incredible high growth technology companies in both the consumer and enterprise space – from helping what3words in their mission to address the world, bringing Airbnb into China and France, to working with Sigfox in their vision to make things come alive in the world of the Internet of Things. And together with our investor relations and capital markets capabilities, we have also prepared companies for acquisition including Skype when it was acquired by Microsoft, as well as IPOs such as iRobot. And finally, our independence gives us the freedom to be constantly curious. Not only do we represent high growth technology companies, we live and breathe technology. From co-founding the global Blockchain For Good think tank, to collaborating with the University of Cambridge to explore how the convergence of personal data, the internet of things and artificial intelligence will impact how brands market in the future.
Why Cybersecurity Is RequiredThe core functionality of cybersecurity involves protecting information and systems from major cyberthreats. These cyberthreats take many forms (e.g., application attacks, malware, ransomware, phishing, exploit kits). Unfortunately, cyber adversaries have learned to launch automated and sophisticated attacks using these tactics – at lower and lower costs. As a result, keeping pace with cybersecurity strategy and operations can be a challenge, particularly in government and enterprise networks where, in their most disruptive form, cyberthreats often take aim at secret, political, military or infrastructural assets of a nation, or its people. Some of the common threats are outlined below in more detail.
- Cyberterrorism is the disruptive use of information technology by terrorist groups to further their ideological or political agenda. This takes the form of attacks on networks, computer systems and telecommunication infrastructures.
- Cyberwarfare involves nation-states using information technology to penetrate another nation’s networks to cause damage or disruption. In the U.S. and many other nations, cyberwarfare has been acknowledged as the fifth domain of warfare (following land, sea, air and space). Cyberwarfare attacks are primarily executed by hackers who are well-trained in exploiting the intricacies of computer networks, and operate under the auspices and support of nation-states. Rather than “shutting down” a target’s key networks, a cyberwarfare attack may intrude into networks to compromise valuable data, degrade communications, impair such infrastructural services as transportation and medical services, or interrupt commerce.
- Cyberespionage is the practice of using information technology to obtain secret information without permission from its owners or holders. Cyberespionage is most often used to gain strategic, economic, political or military advantage, and is conducted using cracking techniques and malware.